Ok I know Brussel Sprouts…but crispy in the oven with Shallots and this dish was amazing. I veganized the recipe from: http://www.spicesinmydna.com/2017/01/20/crispy-brussels-shallot-one-pot-pasta/
I think any roasted vegetable would be great in this dish if you don’t like brussel sprouts!
1 pound brussel sprouts, sliced
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 c. vegetable broth + splash for sautéing
1 1/2 c. almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
8 ounces whole wheat pasta (I used Natures Promise Fusilli from Giant)
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
2 tbsp chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and add sliced brussel sprouts, shallots, olive oil, salt and paper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 min, until crispy, tossing once during cooking.
- Preheat large skillet to med-high heat. Add a bit vege broth to coat the skillet, garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 min.
- Add the 2 c. vege broth, almond milk, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium – medium/high and cook, stirring frequently for 12 min or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, basil, salt and pepper.